Fitzgibbon Toigo Associates LLC
An Asset Development Resource
For The Investment Management Industry
Fitzgibbon Toigo Associates (FTA) is dedicated exclusively to raising assets for a select group of investment managers in both traditional and alternative asset classes. We act as a placement agent for alternative managers seeking access, credibility and funding from the largest institutional investors in North America, Europe & Asia and
we are also a third party marketing resource that provides a full service capability for traditional investment management firms.
Third party marketing has become increasingly attractive to many fund managers
as a cost-effective means of raising capital. Our credentials add a new dimension to those considering the outsourcing of marketing to either complement an internal sales resource, or to fulfill the entire marketing function.
The Firm subsidiary, Fitzgibbon Toigo & Co. (FTCO), is a FINRA broker-dealer
focused exclusively as placement agent for private equity, real estate, and hedge funds. Principals of the firm have attained an unusually high level of individual success during an average of more than 25 years spent in diverse investment management careers that bring varied talents to our clients’ efforts.
The strength of our reputation and extent of our relationships in the Institutional
Investment community, as well as our historical success in asset acquisition, make us an attractive choice for asset managers who aggressively seek funding.
Demonstrated Capabilities Provide Unexcelled
Access, Performance, and Commitment
Our capabilities are based on the successful careers of our principals that focused on building relationships and credibility among major institutional investment executives. This background gives us a very high level of practical experience, know-how, as well as an unmatched rolodex of contacts to put to work for our clients.
Brian Fitzgibbon, the CEO, has personally raised close to $10 billion in institutional funds under management. At Nomura Asset Management Co. Ltd., he skillfully positioned the firm to grow by $7 billion during a challenging market environment.
Sue Toigo, Chairman, co-founded The Institute For Fiduciary Education, which has been a professional development resource for over 3000 major global fund sponsors and consultants at its seminars held throughout the world. Through this exposure, she forged strong personal relationships with senior industry executives, trustees, and consultants.
These two industry leaders have formed personal relationships with a significant portion of the senior management of the largest funds in the world. FTA and its subsidiary FTCO are the corporate vehicles through which this experience will be leveraged to the benefit of our clients.
Our Commitment Governs
Every Client Relationship
- Our client base will be restricted to a select group of investment and fund managers with records of superior historical performance, or whose principals have outstanding records of prior accomplishment in relevant product areas.
- We will operate in seamless relationships with our clients to achieve their immediate and long-term development goals.
- Mutual alignment of interests and objectives are crucial to all of our relationships.
- We will not accept new assignments which create a conflict of interest with any active client.
- Our sales efforts will be principally concentrated among the sponsors and consultants of the 1000 largest funds in North America, Europe, and Asia: those with assets over $1 billion.
- Every assignment will be pursued until its successful completion regardless of the effort and time required.
- Our only business is to assist fund managers to raise capital and build their asset structure.
We will deliver extraordinary productivity and value to our clients.
A Carefully Managed Process
Guides Every Assignment
Our work process derives from our commitment to operate as an extension of the
client’s organization, either as a team with the firm’s internal marketing department, or developing and implementing marketing and sales programs directly with its management. The scope of these activities will be dependent on the client’s needs and internal resources.
- Initially, we examine the firm’s structure, staffing, investment style &
philosophy, decision-making process, research, portfolio management,
and history of returns.
- We develop an in-depth understanding of the funding goals.
- We work in partnership with client legal counsel and other
advisers in the preparation of offering materials as required.
- A marketing plan is jointly developed to include strategies
required to meet objectives, product positioning, market
segmentation analysis, and critical path timetable.
- Existing marketing materials are reviewed, revised if necessary,
or replaced with documentation that we will help create.
- Investor contacts will be prioritized and FTA will make initial contact
with plan sponsors in order to enhance our client’s credibility.
- FTA will guide the development of presentations as part of the continuing prospect dialogue and participate with the investment firm in all meetings.
- Our team will then manage follow-up contact and assist the client’s
management during negotiations and contract closing.
We Will Represent Only Quality Firms
We have organized our firm so that we can represent clients in both
traditional and alternative asset classes. We will limit the number of active
assignments so that we can most effectively represent each of our clients.
In order to maintain a high level of success, the standards for our acceptance of new clients are high. They include:
- Traditional fund managers with attractive historical performance in their manager universe and relevant indices;
- Alternative investment firms with strong historical performance, unique strategies, or firms whose principals have successfully managed portfolios in the given asset category;
- Firms with well articulated investment philosophy and sound strategies;
- Firms managed by people with enthusiasm for growth and success.
- Proprietary models are used to evaluate all potential clients:
- The model used for traditional asset managers has 34 principal and 84 secondary variables;
- Private placement and hedge funds are evaluated on 38 principal and 80 secondary variables.
These models consider all facets of the firm’s operations and performance.
Our fee structure is incentive based to reduce fixed costs and is an alternative to establishing or expanding an internal marketing and sales operation. A retainer offsets expenses while a percentage of assets or revenues is awarded for business growth.
Proven Industry Leaders Guide Our Firm
Brian Fitzgibbon, CEO of Fitzgibbon Toigo Associates, has over 30 years of experience in the financial services industry. From 1982 to 2000, Brian was a Company Director and Senior V.P. of Nomura Asset Management Co., where he created and implemented a business strategy for this Asian start-up firm with a complex investment process under adverse market conditions. He was personally responsible for $7 billion in institutional sales.
In 2000, Brian became a Principal and Exec V.P. of eFrontiers, Inc., an Internet B2B start-up that built an on-line marketplace for the institutional investment community.
His career in institutional sales began in 1970 with Bernstein Macauley, Inc. where he was responsible for new corporate business development. Brian was then promoted to Assistant National Sales Manager of parent firm CBWL Hayden Stone, with direct responsibility for supervising the firm’s private placement participations, where he developed extensive due diligence and analytical experience. He has successfully marketed a diverse group of investments including domestic equity, fixed income, private placements, international-global equity, global fixed income, and real estate.
Brian honorably served in the 1st Recon Battalion of the USMC. He graduated from Fordham University on a scholarship with a BS in Finance. Brian has served as a board member of AIMSE.
Sue Toigo, Chairman of Fitzgibbon Toigo Associates, has over 20 years of experience building relationships with plan sponsors, consultants, and investment managers. Sue was a founder and Chairman of The Institute for Fiduciary Education (IFE). Since 1985, IFE has provided both educational seminars and informational services to large institutional investors worldwide. The leading pension fund consultants have also participated, and sponsorship has been provided by the world’s premier investment managers. Sue has developed strong relationships with many of the more than 3000 IFE seminar participants from around the world, including Australia, Belgium, Canada, Finland, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, The United Kingdom, and the United States. She is also a founder and Director of the Robert Toigo Foundation, which supports 120 minority students each year in the nation’s top 17 business schools and has over 500 alumni in the financial services industry, globally. Her work with the Foundation gives her significant industry presence.
A graduate with honors from the University of California at Berkeley, she has been inducted into the Berkeley Women’s Hall of Fame. Sue serves on the Columbia Business School Board of Overseers.
Sean P. Fitzgibbon, Senior Vice President, has over 14 years of experience in the financial services industry. Prior to joining Fitzgibbon Toigo Associates, Sean was Vice President at Prudential Equity Group in the Institutional Sales division, where he cultivated new relationships with a sophisticated group of traditional and alternative asset managers. From 1999 to 2004, Sean worked as an Equity Analyst at Columbus Circle Investors on the Large Cap Growth team where he covered a variety of sectors including financials, semiconductors, energy, and media. Prior to that, Sean was a Research Analyst at a relative value fund, Dietche & Field Advisors, where he served as a generalist and was exposed to all market caps and industry groups. Mr. Fitzgibbon started his financial career as a Credit Analyst in the Corporate Finance Department of the Industrial Bank of Japan, Ltd
Sean graduated from Georgetown University with a B.S. in Japanese language and a minor in Economics. He received his M.B.A from Columbia Business School with a concentration in Finance.
Corporate Affairs and Administration
Melissa Newman, Chief Operations Officer/ Chief Compliance Officer,
joined Fitzgibbon Toigo Associates at inception. As a Registered Principal, she
handles all regulatory and administrative functions with FINRA and the SEC. Through this role, Ms. Newman is in charge of updating, monitoring and enforcing the firm’s Anti-Money Laundering Policy and Supervisory Procedures. She is also responsible for developing and implementing the firm’s Compliance and Continuing Education Programs. Separately, Melissa handles all Human Resource and Accounting functions as well as maintains our extensive plan sponsor database.
Ms. Newman was previously a Registered Representative at Salomon Smith Barney, a major brokerage firm where she earned her Series 7 and 63 registrations. She was primarily involved in evaluating public equity investments for high net worth individuals. She also worked closely with the firm’s asset management and consulting group departments. Prior to this, Ms. Newman was employed by E! Entertainment Television, where she maintained client relationships in their Advertising Sales Department. Ms. Newman received a B.A. from Lehigh University in Bethlehem, P.A.
An Organization That Is Results Focused
We invite you to contact us to discuss how Fitzgibbon Toigo Associates can assist your firm in setting up a successful, results oriented marketing and sales program. Initially, we ask that you provide us with all relevant information that would help us assess a potential marketing relationship. Your business plan, biographies of key people, investment philosophy, process, and performance are key factors for this preliminary review. An offering memorandum is useful in the case of private placement funds. An informal meeting with you would then allow us to explore your needs and determine whether our approach to the market and our operating methods would suit your requirements.
Should we be engaged in an asset gathering campaign, the service we provide will involve:
- Analyzing and resolving the full range of strategic and tactical marketing issues involved.
- Defining parameters for collaborative efforts.
- Delivering industry perspective on your current situation and goals.
- Developing competitive differentiation.
- Creating a marketing strategy and a target message.
- Concentrating resources on areas where opportunities exist.
- Producing a successful marketing and sales effort.
Let Fitzgibbon Toigo leverage your time and resources.